Friday, April 17, 2015

odds and ends #2 life of Sorrento

Wendy and I are walking down to the beach. It is a long way down.It is the end of March.


This is the fishing village below us. They are sewing and repairing their nets.


 The boats are covered and the restaurants are closed.



In these next pictures we are visiting Stinga which is an inlay store, This is a many generation store that at the moment has 2 brothers. The students came to a field trip here before I got here so I only have a few pictures of my own. Here this beautiful table is called a game table. The different kind of wood that are inlaid and then covered with 7 layers of polyurethane.  This process alone takes almost a month.

Here the table is shown with some of its components. 


 What you are looking at is the process. To the right the pieces of wood are designed and then placed on the other sheet. You are seeing the mirror imaged.


 Argo is our neighbor's dog. He is an old German shepherd. When we first came he wasn't friendly but now he waits for us, for we come with biscuits!!
                                                 
                                      I got a big lick in the face as he came out to see us.

 David and I took a walk yesterday down to the beach. More shops, restaurants, stores and of course Gellattos open every day. This little shop couldn't put anything more in it!
 The cruise ships are coming and as you can see below the beach has come alive.  Still more to come as the weather continues to get nicer and more tourists come..
                                              David's school is the brown building above.

My friend as I walked home..I watched him for awhile and then we both moved on.
Time to make cookies for my last Italian class.
Ciao :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment