Sunday, March 3, 2024

Day 3 Jan. 21- Exploring the Amazon Sapococha Lagoon

 

We start Early morning with a canoe ride to look for birds and monkeys - squirrel monikers , sockey monkeys,and lots of birds.  We then come back for a walk through the area.  We find a coco orchard! Ecuador is a big exporter of chocolate. more on that later.


I can't tell you the name of the birds.  that unfortunately is not in my wheelhouse. I left for Evelyn and she had the very long lens!

I believe this is a squirrel monkey.

                            Squirrel monkey on the move and hard to get a picture.

                                      Lunch -only kidding!-this time





                                                            Coco - it is bitter

T                                                    his is coco before Celso opened it up
        Bats, my favorite..I didn't get bitten by these.  There were so many here, I only got a small section so i could zoom in.
                                    A home along the river
Our sundowner along the main river
                      


We are all tucked in for the night. Fortunately we have a fan this night.  It helps with those pesky little bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment