Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Having our first supper together with the students

 Happiness is having my drying rack found and back home!!!!! :-)  There just isn't enough room to hang a full load.
 My other joy for today was baking cookies for tonight.  It is still a learning curve to say the least.  The first batch I broiled them. The second batch I under cooked them , and the third slightly over done.  So I pulled up my chair and a cup of coffee and watched them bake.."watching the pot boil"  The cookies don't taste like they do at home.  The sugar here is very granular and the flour is different which makes a big difference in taste and rising. I think the kids liked them..I didn't hear any complaints!
 We met tonight for our first gathering / pizza party. I had met most of them at the orientation in June; but it was nice to have a real chat.  We had great background music with Graham and DJ strumming away on their guitars. Thank you ----. The girls are interested in learning to knit so we will try to make that happen. They were also interested in the Christmas craft I brought to do.


Time just flew by..Here is the gang minus Karen who didn't make it. We'll get her in another picture..I look forward to getting together again. L-R Prof  Talbot , Dan, Cameron, Patrick, DJ. Graham, Alicia, Danica, Nicole, Jeana, Kelsey,and Shannon
Cheerio :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment