Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tuesday- Milk market at the campus

I am a little behind because we are having internet problems..It still isn't fixed yet so not sure when this will get published
 The best thing to begin your day....There is nothing like a cup of coffee :-) I send a big thank you to my sister-in-law, Carolyn who sent me to Ireland 2 years ago with this coffee appendage and I am still using it.

  • In the background are our appliances: microwave in the wall, toaster, and a hot water boiler. What more does one need except maybe a real coffee maker or coffee press :-( 

Off to the campus for our dinner and supplies.  On Tuesdays the vendors come for several hours to sell their goods.  On the right side and in the back are the sweet vendors and to the right is a vendor selling a meal now to eat.
 On this side are the vegetables, dinner type pies, breads, teas, and cheeses. David is at the tea booth being educated on teas and buying what he has picked for this week.

 While David is there, I am at the cheese guy getting educated myself. I bought a Fenugreck Killeen goat cheese which is very mild and a Caisnatire which is a sheep cheese, also mild.
 This cheese above (from the supermarket) is called applewood  smoked: just melts in your mouth.

The cheese on the right is Cahill's porter cheese which I think I had this summer.  Not one that I will buy again.

So I will be back to the cheese man for more education next week.
 Now on to Peter the pie man.  He has great pies for dinner.  I picked up the ham and cheddar cheese quiche pie and the vegetable and goat cheese quiche pie.  They are the ones on the left.
Before I sign off today I wanted to answer a few questions that have come up out of the blog.  Though I have a small under-the-counter refrigerator and that is what a lot of people have that live in flats or apartments; there are regular refrigerators here as well.  The Irish do have some frozen foods but not anything like what we Americans have. They usually shop daily for their food.  They also don't put their eggs in the refrigerator. Eggs and all Irish dairy products are fantastic!
Happy eating!
Cheerio :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment