Monday, October 7, 2013

Mixed bag

Hi all.
I have to say one of the things I will not miss being here is doing the laundry. GRRRRRRRR. I thought I would be smart about things and start the load at 9 pm so I could hang it up when I awakened before we took off for the day. When I got up I found the washer still going.  And when I came home at 9 pm, it still was going.  What machine works 24 hours on a load?  To add to my misery, my new shirt is now a little pink. GRRRRRRR.....
While I have been coming to Ireland I have been making up my Rotary meetings at the Limerick Thomond Club.  It is a very small club but they are a friendly and caring club. They are about to start an Interact club which is the high school part of Rotary. The Lincoln-Woodstock Rotary has had Interact going on 4 yrs.
Our students do "service above self" when they volunteer at the New England Disabled Sports and build incinerators and playgrounds at the Good Shepard Clinic in Succotz Belize.

I wanted to show a few more pictures of the differences at the market. This is the sugar area. Not only are the bags small but the sugar is a little different which I had mentioned before.

 Here are little bags of flour...which to buy ??

Eggs and more Eggs..Not refrigerated and all different kinds and sizes.
Below is some meals are packaged. They make up fresh dinners, not frozen. 

I had another interesting moment the other night when I went to the ladies room. I may be naive, but when I went to lock the door, I couldn't find the lock.  I really needed to find a lock since I was at the petrol station!
I finally found how to lock the door. Just lift the handle upward! Of course....
David just complained he had to flush using the handle coming out of the wall. :o)
Cheerio :)

No comments:

Post a Comment