Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Catching up on a day last week

Last week we had the pleasure of meeting this man who was brought to Ireland to promote the science in the world.  His name is Shane Kimbrough and he is one of our own astronaunts who was in space for 15 days, 20hrs, 29 mins and 37 secs on Nove 14-30 2008.  He brought up with him additions to the living quarters on the space station: one bathroom, 2 bedrooms, kitchenette,exercise machine, and a water recycling system. And while he was in space, he did 2 space walks lasting 12 hrs and 52 mins to fix parts on the outside of the space station.  This was his first stop of his travels throughout Ireland. I was sorry I didn't have my camara with me so I could have shown you a picture of us. He was very nice and very humble.


  
In the Evening we went to Bunratty Castle and Corn Palace for Irish music, dance, and an Irish dinner.
I  now know why they don't put their potatoes in the stew.  Their potatoes I have discovered first hand desolve into a mush. They don't hold their form like ours do.  Even when roasting a potato it turns to mush. (and on a side note, they mush their peas too.)
Here are some pictures of the dancers, players, and singers.  I hope the videos will play for you.
It was a fun night but we had to leave a little early so we could catch the bus back to Limerick and then catch another to college.

 





This picture is a little blurry but I didn't take it.  David and I went to the Limerick Rotary Meeting on Friday.  Their club has about 25 members but only about 12 are active.  The group is an older one with only 4 women. They were very welcoming and invited us back again.

Last night we had a pizza dinner with the students. It was nice to get to gether on a social event but unfortunately I forgot my camara.  We are planning on doing a craft night with the girls some time and we are planning on a Thankgiving dinner..
So cheers to all:)



No comments:

Post a Comment