Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Irish People

I know this isn't my usual blog with no pictures but I had a moment to just write.

I wish I could thank the Irish People for all they do for making strangers feel so welcome and so blessed.

Here are a few examples out of many that I have experienced.

Today I was in the supermarket checking out and the woman infront of me says to the elderly woman "Can I help carry your bag out to the car for you?" The woman replies, "no but thank you."
I turned to the woman and said, "you are so kind and I find that the Irish people are so kind."
  She thanked me and asked me if I would come have a cup of coffee with her.  I said I would love to but we found that the coffee shop was closed.  She then offered to take me home which I thanked her and said I needed my exercise.  I am sure she probably lived in the opposite direction but that would be what they do here. "no bother, we'll just bopped on over there"

My next example is:
We  (David, Deb, Barbara, and myself) were visiting the city of Cork and we stopped to have lunch at a little resturant. During our meal a dad and his son came to sit at the next table.  The little boy was fussing a bit and the dad was saying to him that his food was coming soon.  I turned to the Dad and offered a piece of my bread till his food came.  He thanked me and said the waitress said it was coming.
When we went to pay for our bill, we found that the dad had paid for our drinks as a thank you.

Ireland is such an amazing place where everyone is polite, kind, generous, warm, and caring.  It is the true sense of hospitality.

Thank you Ireland; I am a better person for being here and meeting you and I will try very hard to extend your ways back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment