Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dealing



Today is my day for dealing with the stove, washing machine, heat, lights and anything else that comes my way.  I started with reading the manuals. The washing machine was my first challenge.What temperature do I need.  Had to do the conversion for F from C. Then figure out the dials. OH my! When all was done, I picked the cotton eco. The wash took 3 hours to do and the clothes came out wetter than they do at home. So now what? Last time I was here we had a washer/ dryer in one machine. Now I have washing machine and no dryer hence the laundry hanging.:-(  This will take 2 days to dry.

To use the stove called the Hob and the cooker, you  need to turn the switch on which you can see the red button on the wall. . Each burner has a different temperature like home but it is slow to come up to heat and stays hot a long time.
The oven has several switches that mean convection bake, conventional, grill, turbo-grill, and defrosting. on the left and the temperature which I need to convert on the right.  I am far from figuring this out yet. :(



It is time to get out of here and go for a walk. Just another couple of miles around the campus.  The River Shannon  runs along the back of the apartment.
I snapped a couple of pictures that show beautiful swans and ducks swimming down the river.
The foot-bridge (known as the Living Bridge) you see in the picture goes across the river connecting the campus to the medical school and the music buildings.




Our evening was off to the campus pub to watch a hurling championship game between Clare and Cork both Munster teams. This was comparable to a world series championship 'tween the Mets and the Yankees.  Great game that was followed by a Rugby game.  My grandkids would love this.  Six of  David's students walked in to watch the game so I got to say hello and meet them. Nice group.

cheerio,  m

No comments:

Post a Comment