Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Figuring things out

Hi,
I thought I would spend a minute telling you a little what it is like being here. 

I was up early at 6:30AM- (1:30 your time) and decided to try out Yoga..a class of 53 and it is fitness yoga which means it is tough and strenuous. I came home and took a slight nap! Then onto vacumming, washing the dishes, and taking a shower...all normal except the shower.  YOu need a crane to get yourself up and over the very tall sides of the tub. The second challenge is getting hot water--it is turned on only at certain hours. I, can manage to get my 2 feet facing side by side in one direction but my husband has been complaining about having to put one foot in front of the other in order to fit!

The refrigerator is under the counter and quite small..not good for a family :)  The stove gets turned on by a switch on the wall- then comes the puzzle.  The temp is in metric- no problem with that- but the dial to turn the oven on- many choices with different symbols and no directions..the grill is done by one line for top and 3 lines for grilling all around.  My roast wasn't quite done the other night and I am afraid of baking but I have to do it sometime!

Dinner was 2 pies bought at the farmers market yesterday. One was duck and cheese and the other was chichen and vegetables. Farmers market here at school on every Tuesday.  I hope they are there through December! I will try to insert a picture before I post. They even had a booth for fudge and another for desserts. I passed up the fudge but went straight for the desserts-yummmmm.

Recycling is a new thing here and last night we were given a bucket for garbage and instructions for the rest..
Washing maching is still a mystery but the drying rack we bought, works great. I am finally getting the heat down to a slow boil instead of us running to open all the windows. That also only comes on for a few hours a day. So anyone coming to visit, bring a good sweater.

We are off to town as soon as David comes home from class.  I brought every size of needle except the one I needed. cheerio :)
the fudge and chocolate bars booth

The stables which is where the farmers market is and also the student area. The booths are around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment