Friday, January 29, 2016

Entry # 6- Life in cuba- transportation


I felt life was very hard for these people. I had many different emotions for the way I saw things here. For those that know me, they know that I have traveled the world and have been in many third world countries as well as well developed ones. The world and its people are so interesting and so is every single spot. 
One of the things that has bothered me is the means of transportation. I love the carts on the roads hauling its owner's goods.




and I love seeing the cart trotting on its busy way....





or the "car pooling" with Dad



                                                      or the car pooling with a group...


But what bothered me most was seeing the "cattle car" effect of transportation. It was the inhumane way of transporting hard working people stuffed into a vehicle standing and in some cases no windows to breath in the heat of Cuba. This one below was the better bus as our guide told us.--50-60-70 people to a bus.


Or the "cattle bus"below taking its passengers to their destinations.  The cab are the most expensive, the




The cab are the most expensive, then  these little cabs that you see below, the horse buggies, then the cattle like buses.


The regular bus below.



And of course we have our bus or the tourist buses. The roads that are in Havana are these big two lane highways which can handle the tourism but the further away you go the narrower and ruttier the roads get. These roads are not made for the buses.



It is going to take more money and a lot more years to get ready for tourists.

 Ciao :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment